Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Provides support for all team members as requested
- Prepares and mails tax organizers to clients
- Scans and bookmarks tax organizers
- Processes e-file returns to government, client and preparer copies of returns
- Assists attestation department with projects as requested
- Processes financial statements for attestation department
- Archives documents in electronic in Firm’s paperless software
- Submits e-file returns and follow-up as needed to ensure acceptance
- Continues to grow professional knowledge by learning the software applicable to duties
- Verifies accuracy of records
- Assists with payroll and related reports as requested
- Adheres to the firm’s performance and behavior standards
- Participates in firm and office location meetings as requested
- Supports team decisions and helps the team achieve its goals
- Strives to be a contributing member of the team
Team member will be working with tax preparers to organize tax documents and coordinate the filing of the completed return. The position will require attention to detail, discretion, and respect for the confidential nature of our business, in addition to a professional presentation to our clients.
Team member will be working closely with the attest department including assisting with entering trial balances, preparing engagement letters and other correspondence, and preparing and following up on information provided from the client. Assistance will be required to prepare and roll attest binders forward and set up workpapers as requested.
Team member must understand the importance of meeting deadlines. Extra hours (with approval of Location Lead) may be required to assist in meeting deadlines.
Team member must be punctual, honest, and trustworthy. Attention to detail is extremely important. Must be able to safeguard confidential company and client information. Team member will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Team member will report to the Location Lead located in your office location.